Bombshell Swimsuit Pattern
The Bombshell Swimsuit is modeled on a classic 1950’s silhouette, a style that harkens back to the golden era of glamourous swimwear.
The pattern includes 3 variations: a gathered bust maillot, a halter neck, and a high waist bottom which you can mix and match with your favourite bikini top. With ruched seams, a booty encasing seat and a skirt-like front, the Bombshell is fully lined and provides an appealing amount of coverage.
Related products: Sew Your Dream Swimsuit online class
- Swimsuit lycra and swimsuit lining.
See our guide to printing & assembling PDF files here.
- PT 1: Materials Requirements
- PT 2: Prepping Pattern Pieces
- PT 3: Cutting Fabric and Gathering Back Pieces
- PT 4: Preparing the Front Lining and Bust Ruching for View A
- PT 5: Gathering Your Front Fabric, Assembling the Front and Back
- PT 6: Inserting Elastic into Leg Openings and Finishing View C
- PT 7: Making a Bikini Top to Wear With View C
- PT 8: Finishing View A
- PT 9: Finishing View B
Pattern Hacks & Inspiration
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I made this suit for my daughter our of red with 3/4 inch white polka dots. She loves it because it is so cute and comfortable. She wore it while we were in Kauai and never wore another even though she took several suite. Thank you for a darling retro
This is my first attempt at making swimwear and my first with lycra. It went well and was much easier to handle than I imagined. I made a bikini by using the top part and just making a strap around the chest underneath it.
The PDF was easy to put together. Sizing was spot on. The directions were great! I made my swimsuit on a Saturday and can't wait to make more. Love the swimsuit style as I have purchased many of the same RTW style, for myself.
I added foam cups and made the straps crisscross instead of tie around my neck. Thanks for making an awesome pattern.