Guppyfriend Wash Bag
The Guppyfriend Washing Bag is the first pragmatic solution that prevents microplastic fibres from entering rivers and oceans through the washing of synthetic textiles. The broken fibres collect in the corners of the washing bag after washing and can be easily removed and disposed of.
A large part of our clothing contains synthetic materials. During washing, tiny plastic fibres break and enter rivers and oceans via the waste water and thus harm our environment. This is exactly where the Guppyfriend washing bag comes in. According to the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT, on average 86% fewer fibres of synthetic clothing break when washed with the washing bag. Guppyfriend reduces fibre shedding and protects your clothes. It filters the few fibres that do break and doesn’t lose any fibres itself. It’s a daily reminder to change our buying habits and washing rituals.
- Size M: 50 x 74 cm
- With multilingual packaging and instructions
- 100% plastic-free packaging
Instructions for use:
- Fill to about ⅔ full so that the textiles can easily move around in the bag
- Add other (non-synthetic) garments to the machine or a second filled Guppyfriend to avoid imbalance
- Wash cold or warm with 104F / 40°c maximum
- Use liquid and natural detergents without synthetics
- Remove coarse dirt and pet hair before washing
- Close the zipper all the way
Please do not
- Rinse under running water. The collected microplastic fibres would be washed into the environment.
- Wash with sharp-edged objects to avoid damaging the material
- Iron your bag. This can damage the filter material (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use in the tumble dryer. It can damage the material and broken fibres can get out of the bag
- Hang/dry in direct sunlight to avoid damaging the materials
Visit the Guppyfriend FAQ for more information.
Shipping & Returns
From our studio in beautiful Montreal, Canada, we are delighted to ship to makers worldwide. Shipping is free on U.S. and Canadian orders over $150. U.S. and Canadian orders ship in 3-7 business days, and international orders take between 12-40 days.
We are committed to investing in sustainability initiatives to counteract the environmental impact of shipping. We offset our carbon footprint by contributing funds to forest conservation projects for every package shipped.