Kelly Anorak Jacket Pattern
Style meets function with the Kelly Anorak; a classic shape with a modern cut, this simple coat is the perfect choice for transitional weather.
Lightweight and unlined, it features a two-piece cuffed sleeve, optional drawstring waist, gusseted flap pocket and a zipper placket with snap buttons. View A will keep you warm and dry with a roomy three-piece hood, while View B features a classic stand-up collar.
Related Products: Kelly Anorak Hardware Kit
Sizes: 0-20 (print and PDF) and 14-32 (PDF)
See our guide to printing & assembling PDF files here.
Choose medium to heavyweight woven fabrics such as twill, canvas, denim and linen. Make the ultimate rain coat with a waterproof fabric like ripstop, waxed canvas or Goretex.
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (0-20 SIZE RANGE)
- 45" (1.15 m): Sizes 0-8: 3.5 yd (3.2 m), Sizes 8-20 = 4 yd (3.75 m)
- 58" (1.5 m): Sizes 0-8: 2.5 yd (2.32 m), Sizes 8-14 = 3 yd (2.75 m), Sizes 16-20 = 3.5 yd (3.2 m)
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (14-32 SIZE RANGE)
View A - With Hood
- 45" (1.15 m): Sizes 14-20: 4.25 yd (3.75 m), Sizes 20-26 = 4.5 yd (4 m), Sizes 28-32 = 5 yd (4.5 m)
- 58" (1.5 m): Sizes 14-20: 3.25 yd (3 m), Sizes 22-26 = 3.5 yd (3.25 m), Sizes 30-32 = 3.75 yd (3.5 m)
View B - With Collar
- 45" (1.15 m): Sizes 14-20: 3.75 yd (3.5 m), Sizes 20-26 = 4.25 yd (3.75 m), Sizes 28-32 = 4.5 yd (4 m)
- 58" (1.5 m): Sizes 14-20: 2.75 yd (2.5 m), Sizes 22-26 = 3 yd (2.75 m), Sizes 30-32 = 3.25 yd (3 m)
- Metal snap buttons, 13 x 1/2”-5/8" (12-15mm)
- Fusible Interfacing, 1 yard (1 m)
- Separating coat zipper with pull on left side, 26" long (sizes 0-20), 28" long (sizes 14-32)
- Drawstring, 1 1/2” yard (1.3m) for sizes 0-20, and 2 1/2" yard (2.3 m) for sizes 14-32
- Optional: 3 yards of double fold bias tape to finish neckline and coat hem (can be replaced with serged stitch or homemade bias tape)
- Optional: Grommets, 2 x size #0 or #1, inside diameter 6-7 mm (can be replaced with machine buttonhole)
- Optional: topstitching thread
- Polyester thread
- Marking tool
Sewing level: Intermediate
Sizes: 0-20 and 14-32 (see our sizing chart here)
Instructions: English or French
Print at Home File (Letter & A4): Sizes 0-20 (48 pages), Sizes 14-32 (54 pages), sizes are layered
Copyshop file (36x48 / A0): Sizes 0-20 (3 pages), Sizes 14-32 (3 pages), sizes are layered
Projector Files: No
- Fitting and FBA
- Sewing a Waterproof Jacket
- How to Install Grommets
- How to Sew Gusseted Pockets
- Assembling the Body
- Sewing Drawstring Casing
- Sewing the Zipper Placket
- Sewing Hood or Collar (Unlined)
- Setting in Sleeves and Cuffs (Unlined)
- Setting in Sleeves (Lined Version)
- Assembling the Body (Lined Version)
- Bagging the Lining
- How to Install Snap Buttons
Related Sewing Tutorials
- Pattern Bonus: Sewing a Waterproof Pocket
- Underlining the Kelly for Warmth
- How to Sew a Zipper Placket
- Sewing Flat Felled Seams
- Bias Bound Seam Finishes
- Interlining with Thinsulate
Pattern Hacks & Inspiration
From our studio in beautiful Montreal, Canada, we are delighted to ship to makers worldwide. For US & Canadian customers, shipping is free on orders over $150. We are committed to investing in sustainability initiatives to counteract the environmental impact of shipping. We offset our carbon footprint by contributing funds to forest conservation projects for every package shipped.
You will be emailed when your order is ready for shipping; a tracking number will be provided when applicable. After you've been notified, average shipping times for the US + Canada is 3-7 business days. International shipments may take anywhere from 12-40 days depending on your location. International customers may be charged VAT depending on their location. Customs and duties on international shipments are the responsibility of the customer.
We leave a 48 hour buffer to allow for cancelled orders. Once your order is cut, it is final. For more questions on shipping and returns, consult our Shipping & Returns FAQ.